I am having trouble potty training my 3 year old lil girl, does anyone have any different ideas?

ShellHall

Asked by ShellHall at 11:27 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i put my dd in panties at 2 and when she wet them i would tell her see that thats why you need to go to the potty she was potty trained in about a month

cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• when I first tried potty training my three year old girl it did not go so good so I gave up for then tried it awhile later like a month or two and then she went!!What do you know!!I was surprised. :)
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 12:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• You can try a sticker chart, or give her an M&M when she goes. Set a timer and make her go like every 20 minutes. If she is still having accidents shorten the time. I work in a preschool, and i personally think pull-ups are only useful for nap and bedtime. They are pretty much just glorified diapers, and they are expensive. If you go straight to underwear, they become more aware they have had an accident. If your worried about the laundry, and are a stay at home mom, you can let her go in a dress with nothing on so you aren't going through so many clothes, but only appropriate at home :-)
    Ms.Wendy83

Answer by Ms.Wendy83 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Different idea's... well what have you tried ?

Does she like the potty?
    Does she know when she needs to pee?
    Can she communicate that she needs to go, or that she's gone?

First thing you need to figure out is what is preventing her, maybe she just doesn't want to, maybe she doesn't see the benefit, or maybe the potty fell on her head and she hates it.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 6:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2011