How many kids are to much?

Ok if your a single parent and you already have three kids if you found out you were pregnant again what would you do? What kind of advise could you give a single mom that didn't plan on this pregnancy? Should she get rid of it or keep it?

caramellove1974

Asked by caramellove1974 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• like alot of the other moms have said on here we cant tell you what you need to do its your choice or whoevers all we can do is either be rude in the way we comment or tell you or whoever that we wish you the best of luck and yet again on how many is too many thats up to the person your asking if you can physically and mentally take care of them then until you cant if you cant physically or mentally handle another child then id say its too many but if you where going to put one up for adoption shouldnt it have been the first one i know alot of ppl who where adopted and then find out they are the baby of several and it crushes them they think why wasnt i loved enought to be kept when all the rest where but thats just what i think and i wish you or whoever the best of luck and hope you make the best choice for everyone involved including the baby.......
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• This is such a personal decision. The mom has to decide what she can afford, what she can handle. I personally couldn't have an abortion, and I don't know if I could give a child up for adoption. So, I'd probably have the baby and do whatever it took to take care of one more....although I think I'd also consider permanent birth control.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• If she did not want the baby I would suggest putting it up for adoption.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I'd have the baby and take care of all 4 as hard as It can be you played a part in bringing him/her in the world don't abort and just take responsibility.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would have to know her financial situation first and if she can mental and physically handle a 4th child.
    Honestly it isn't any my business to tell her what to do or give her advise whether to keep the child or abort it, or adopt him/her out.
    I can stand by her but it's up to her and only she can make this choice,
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i would not give her any advice as whether or not to keep it. that's her choice, not mine. i would feel sorry for her. i would offer her support either way.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• That's not our call to make. You (or whoever) has to decide if they want this child, can financially and emotionally support this child, and whether it's something that can be worked through. If it's not something that can be worked through and can't be supported then it's probably best to put it up for adoption. However, either way that person has to make that call for themselves. Nobody else can make that choice.

Since the situation is whether to keep the child or not, then I think that person needs to look into an IUD birth control. To prevent this from happening again.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:40 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• If you can't afford to have another, that would be too many, but after having kids, I could not get rid of it or give up for adoption. Where there is a will there is a way.

Answer by older at 11:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I believe that kids are great. Myself I only have 2 but that is due to issusses during pregnancy that prevented me from having more. I wanted 4, I believe that if you have enough love and resources to give to another child, good for you! I suporrt anyone and everyone who has chosen adoption, because most women do it for the best interest of the child, and the children they already have, that would be a choice that individual would have to make. I keep an open mind about everything in life and when it comes to kids, you know in your heart what the right thing to do is always.
    ShellHall

Answer by ShellHall at 11:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Adoption if she either did not want it, or thought the baby would get a better life with someone else.

Answer by gemgem at 11:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2011