how much am i supposed to weigh now during my pregnancy?

before my pregnancy i weighed 115 and im 5 feet 1 in. tall. im 26 weeks pregnant and i got weighed today and it says i weighed 137. i got weighed at the wic office, they i said i should only weigh 129 and im over weight, but i did a pregnancy weight gein calculator on the some website and it said i was 3 pnds under weight, so im confused. i asked my doctor if i was over weight and he said i was fine but i think he lied so he wouldnt offend me, which i hate, i wish people would be honest. so if u know please tell me. i am trying to watch what i eat and my weight so im not over.

oh nvmd i did it wrong im 5 pnds over weight

hello_kitty1

Asked by hello_kitty1 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't worry about your weight to much. If you started at a healthy weight it is normal to gain 25-35 pounds and still be healthy. If you are retaining water it could be more. If you started under weight you can gain as much as 40pounds (or more). If you are staying active and eating well I wouldn't let them worry you. Your doctor would have said something if he thought it was a concern.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• lol your doctor would never lie to you about your weight, so don't worry about that. they will be honest and upfront with you especially during pregnancy when weight is crucial. the problem is wic - they have such different guidelines. i wouldnt worry too much about what they say, and only really take the advice of your doctor. if he says you're fine, then believe him. :) congrats
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would only listen to the dr. The people at the WIC offices are not drs. I don't even think they are nurses.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I should add that your body/baby may have had a growth spurt. Some weeks you gain more weight and other hardly at all.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would trust your doctor a hell of a lot more than I would trust a WIC employee. They aren't doctors.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i'm glad i never went to wic pregnant cause i would have been told i was over weight too and i worked out HARD every single day my whole pregnancy and ate very healthy and yet i got up to 160 lbs from 108, my midwife was even saying that i was gaining too much weight even though i was doing very aggressive workouts at the gym and eating right so it's not like i could help it. i was doing everything not to gain that much weight, i didn't have GD either, i'm 5'2 btw. idk how it happened but all the weight fell off withing a couple weeks pp
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• oh thank u guys for the comments! i hope im on the right track, my first pregnancy i was over weight, and i didnt lose any of it after i had my kid, i had to work out hard core to lose msot of my weight thats why im worried cuz i dont think i will have time to exercise after this one.
    hello_kitty1

Comment by hello_kitty1 (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• That is why I set up my Midwife appointments the day before my WIC ones so I can tell WIC they are full of it!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 1:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2011