hot tub and electric

Alright we just bought a house, and it has a super nice hot tub out back but I have heard so many different things....So how much does your electric bill really go up by running it? I would love to use it but someone told me everytime I turn it on its another 100 added on to my electric bill is this true. Sorry have no clue who to ask so i figured some of you mommas must have hot tubs :)

anfisasmommy

Asked by anfisasmommy at 11:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• My friend has one, it costs her about $45 a month when she runs it full time (keeping the heat on and jets only when they are in it). Every area of the country has different electric rates though (not to mention hot t\ubs vary quite a bit as well). Can your electric company and ask them if they have a general idea?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Our bill is the same if we run it alot or not, just keep it at around 5 then turn it up a few hours before you use it then back down when your done.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 5:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2011