how do you hold it together

how do you hold it together when your husband leaves on deployment? i was 7 1/2 months pregnant on my husbands first deployment i now have a 4 month old im trying so hard to stay strong for her its just so hard.

lillymom828

Asked by lillymom828 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• be tough, be strong, hang on tight, grin and bear it!, think good thoughts, have some good friends that you can talk to!,,,,
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 12:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Find an activity to do. You can also join groups on here and they help a lot, they've helped me during my husband deployments. Don't think about him being gone, think about things you need to do and things you can do and the time will past by quickly.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I know it is hard. Just hope and pray everything will be fine. Distract yourself with the little angel u have.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• it wasn't that hard for me when my husband (then boyfriend) deployed because he knocked me up right before he left (lol) so i had the pregnancy to keep me busy. we didn't do skype or anything either, he called as much as he could and emailed. i would send him care packages with all kinds of goodies so he knew i was thinking about him and concerned for him. his deployment was 15 months, he was not able to be at the birth of our child or go to any doctor appointments with me. it was hard, but we have been thru much harder times as a couple. just be strong and lose yourself into the 4 month old baby you share, time will pass sooner than you know if you keep busy. *hugs*
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Tell you what I tell myself every time things are bad: "ONE DAY at a time. Get through today. You have to... what else can you do? Suicide is NOT an option!"

And that is no joke, as I was suicidal at one point in my life. What kept me going was knowing that others needed me. That has gotten me through some tough, tough times.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• you need a support system.Other wives in the same situation.A church.Family.This web site.Whatever works for you.I was an army wife years ago.And the other army wives were what kept me going.We hung out and our kids played together.
    Believe in God to keep him safe and to give you what you need to get thru this tough time.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2011