• In the Spotlight:

how do you know?

how do you know when your baby has dropped? Is it something you can just tell? or is this something you doctor tells you?

Sorry first time mommy :)

Thanks ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Your belly will be lower. My mom said one good way to tell is to put your hand flat under your breasts and if it's still round there it hasn't dropped. If the area is flat and the belly pertrudes below the hand then it's dropped.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I am an RN... most of the time you can tell ur self .... usually u feel more of a pushing down feeling! but sometimes some people dont notice it if there tummy is very small...
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 3:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You have nothing to apologize for.

Its seems that most people feel increased pressure "down there" when baby drops, and often times you LOOK lower.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Tiffany--
    When your standing right?
    Or when your sitting would it work too?
    Anonymous

• Standing
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I only knew i dropped cause i started having to pee every 5 mins like clockwork,,,but im 38 weeks and even the doc says shes way way down there i can still feel her kicking my ribs when i sit or laydown...i never felt her slip and i still cant breathe any better..so that part doesnt happen for everyone...but my belly did start to look lower over night.
    MamaAnnie87

Answer by MamaAnnie87 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 13, 2008