Capitalizing on this tragedy???

Thoughts??
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/01/12/ac.kth.capitalizing.on.tragedy.cnn?hpt=C2

Asked by older at 12:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Yeah, just like Obama is going to do tonight.

Or like Reagan did after the Challenger explosion? or Bush after 9/11? or maybe the LEADERS in a tragic time come out in order to bring us together,,,offer some reassuring words,....

Republican rep said we can't let this tragedy go to waste...and is introducing legislation to protect POLITICIANS and NOT the people.....and the TEA PARTY express is using it for FUNDRAISING....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Republican rep said we can't let this tragedy go to waste.

***

Are you really that incapable of seeing that he was just being facetious?! After all, it was former Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, Hillary Clinton AND Obama who spoke those words!!

"Rule 1: Never allow a crisis to go to waste," White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel told the New York Times right after the election. "They are opportunities to do big things. Over the weekend, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton told members of the European Parliament, "Never waste a good crisis." Then President Obama explained in his Saturday radio and Internet address that there is "great opportunity in the midst of" the "great crisis" befalling America."

LA TIMES

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Within an HOUR of the shootings, MSNBC, NBC, CNN made it clear...........

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Then when it was determined this kid was a sick loon~ MSNBC and NBC are STILL looking to associate the right with shootings in AZ. Even politicians (Clyburn) have hopped on the bandwagon...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Cable news is obviously making its cash on this tragedy. As an Independent seeing all this finger pointing just pisses me off. Lets just say if this stuff doesnt *change* then I know who I wont be voting for in 2012.
    Anonymous

• If you asked those who went to local tea party rallies in their communities, I would be willing to bet 90% would say that the Tea Party Express does not speak for them..  I'm not a fan of a national TP movement...   But that's just me...   A group called 21st Century Democrats have also been accused of using this horrific moment as a campaigning moment... They have since changed their web page to move the "donate" button away from the letter. I am not sure how the Tea party Express is suppose to counter all the media reports that BLAME them for this shooting.. It costs money counter the media.... And when the media and politicians are STILL lying and associating the Right with the AZ shooting, HOW do they counter those false claims?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• but they are talking about the CLIMATE of HATE and FEAR and VIOLENCE that is displayed and how it is unaccpetable

The "talking" is one-sided against the right~ in an attempt for their news audience to be dumb enough to associate the two?  maybe...... Within hours of the shooting~No one on NBC, MSNBC, CNN were talking about Grayson's climate of hate... Pelosi's climate of hate back in the day (dessent was patriotic then?)...   Paul Kanjorski , etc...  NO..  The media SHOWED their bias and went directly after the right in hopes to tie the shootings with the Right. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• The media SHOWED their bias and went directly after the right in hopes to tie the shootings with the Right.

***

Just like they did on that tragic day back in 1963!! Sadly, liberal journalistic integrity and a rush to judgement hasn't changed much since then.

"In 1963, the American right...was blamed for JFK's assassination -- which, of course, was done by Oswald the pro-Communist who once tried to defect to the Soviet Union. In 1995 the Oklahoma City bombing by the nutty and disturbed Timothy McVeigh was used by then-President Bill Clinton as an excuse to blame Rush Limbaugh."

LINK

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Keep trying, Sweets.....keep trying!!! LOL

eye rolling

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

Whatever, I'm just sick of it all. I would never give to a socialist nor the Tea Party Express and I won't be watching
    Obamas next attempt at trying to look like the good guy.
    I'm done with this crap
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011