I get no compliments

My husband is clueless no matter how many new suit i buy for church i never get a compliment out of husband. i have a beautiful shape so when i wear my suit skirt it hugs my body and i have a great size boobs, how do i get him to compliment me? when he buys a new suit i always make it my job to compliment him he's very handsome, i feel like i shouldn't have to tell my husband to compliment me.

soraya14

Asked by soraya14 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Talk to him about it. Most men are clueless in this department.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Tell him what you need. He obviously has no idea. A lot of men see you with their eyes but the information rarely moves into the speech center of the brain. He's enjoying the view but doesn't even think to mention it.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• This is something that has to come natural, you can't force anyone to do this is has to come natural, and if it doesn't it is just not in him, unless you see him compliment others.......

Answer by older at 12:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Why do you feel the need to be complimented so badly? If you know you look good, then that should be enough. Not all men are good at that stuff. And personally I would rather have a genuine compliment rather than one that came from me telling him I wanted a compliment. But if you are fishing for compliments you could ask him his opinion on your new outfits.

Oh, and maybe I misread or something, but why would you buy a suit that makes your boobs look big for church??
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• How frustrating! You may just need to be blunt with him.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Fish for it. "What do you think?"

But be aware that many men are conditioned NOT to talk about what their wives look like, because they fear their intended compliment will backfire and upset their wives! (The "does this make me look fat?" conundrum.)

I must be defective; I don't expect compliments... and I get suspicious when my husband gives me one. ("What did you do this time? type of suspicious!)

Answer by gdiamante at 12:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• but why would you buy a suit that makes your boobs look big for church??

God made the boobs and everything He does is perfection, so the boobs are perfectly beautiful too
    LMAO
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• You clearly know you have a nice body and the clothing looks good on you. Maybe your husband assumes you don't require a compliment for something that seems obvious?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I dress appropriate to go to church,after all i am a sunday school teacher. i mentioned my boobs because i know i have a great bod not because i show my boobs in my suits.if i always go out my way to let my husband know he looksgood then i expect the same in return , its not about knowing i look good which i do ,it's about my husband letting me know he notice.
    soraya14

Comment by soraya14 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Honey, if you want a compliment you have to ask for it until you have him trained to do it without you asking. It takes time and patience and work. You could be as stunning as Jennifer Aniston and he's not going ot say a damn thing if he hasn't been taught that that is what you expect, crave, and need to feel special. Sorry but you just gotta train em.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2011