Twin mothers especially...about weight during and after pregnancy

How much weight did you gain when you were pregnant? And how much did you lose immediately after you gave birth? How much have you lost now?

mommyoftwins903

Asked by mommyoftwins903 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I gained between 30-35 while I was pregnant with my daughter and right after I had her I was 2 pounds heavier than when I walked into the hospital! how disappointing! I eventually lost most of it, getting back down to 5-10 pounds from my prepregnancy weight, but I'm pregnant again now...getting ready to get even fatter! lol. I'm just finishing up my first trimester and I think I've gained about 5 or 6 pounds so far.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I gained 40 and it was my 5th pregnancy. I lost 25 but i breastfeed and that has alot to do with it. I now have lost 10 more. I don't think i will ever loose the rest but that is something i can live with. I think it has alot to do with your age and your life style before you got pregnant. I'm young and excersized before and during the pregnancy.
    MJarrell2468

Answer by MJarrell2468 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Sorry. It was a twin pregnancy also!!
    MJarrell2468

Answer by MJarrell2468 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I am 132 lb. and I gained 65 lbs. during my twin pregnancy. It took me a full year to get back to 132. I lost about 25 lbs. immediately upon delivering and the rest took it's sweet time. Oh, and I breastfed for the first 4 months too. BFing always helps you to drop the weight faster. Good luck!
    rebabeach2

Answer by rebabeach2 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I was not a twin pregnancy. But I gained 60 pounds with my first and 50 with my second. I have about 10 pounds to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. But... HINT.... after you get over 35, it gets harder. So try to lose it now!
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 9:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2008