IS ANYONE BTW THE AGES OF 20-22 WITH TWO CHILDREN? OR ARE YOU PREGNANT WITH YOUR SECOND CHILD? IF YES, HOW DID YOU MANAGE? WERE/ARE YOU SCARED? WERE/ARE YOU CONFUSED ON WHAT TO DO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well that's a lot of questions. Okay I'm 22 now and I have 2 kids. I was 21 when I was pregnant with my 2nd. Yes I was confused because I was on BC and took it right. I was scared because I was pretty much on my own because my husband was being a prick and wanted nothing to do with y pregnancy. Was mad because I refused to abort. He finally came around when my son was about 6 months. It was hard to manage since I was pretty much a single mother but I got through it one step at a time and some good vents here on cafemom. I lived no where near family or friends (military)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I'm 23 and having my second. I will be 24 when it is born though and I was 21 when I had my first child.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Wow I just answered a question almost just like this! (must be going around today- Maybe you two can talk) You had one. What if it had been twins. What would you have done then? If you want it to work it will work. there is a million and 2 ways to make it work. If you honestly don't think you can do it then adoption is IMO another very good choice.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i am 24 with 3 kids. my oldest is 4, middle 2, youngest turning 1 tomorrow. i was scared the 3rd time around, only because i had NO support from any family members. financially its a struggle and emotionally its a battle. but im doing it and im fine. i wouldnt have it any other way. school/better paying job can wait, ill enjoy my children while they're small.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I'm 24 and have 3 kids.. I manage just fine.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i had my second 6 days after i turned 22. it's honestly been easier than i thought. my husband has been great. he helps me out a lot when he is not at work. our dd is 3 and she loves to help too, even if it is simple stuff like bringing me a diaper. it's all about balance. enjoy having a new baby, but dont forget about the older one (they still need time with mommy!) and you and your husband still need time together without the kids. we have decided that every other week the kids go to grandmas and we have a date night.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I had my first child at 17 my 2nd at 19 and my 3rd at 21. i am almost 22 now and i am scared every day. I love my kids more then anything which is why i am so fearful. fearful that ill mess up or that they'll grow up to be disappointed in me. i want my time with them to always be special. I am also scared tho that because i am never away from them their father is ruining his chances at a beautiful blessed relationship with them like i have with them. its hard, every day is a struggle, i am basically raising these kids by myself. but i dont mind it. Altho it would be nice to have some time to myself. its not easy. parenting. no matter if its just 1 child or 3. its always hard and scary, but the love that u never have to doubt you get from them. dont worry because u question yourself that actually makes you a good mother.
    MommaSammie

Answer by MommaSammie at 12:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Is this the same person that deleted their question because she didn't like the answers? Like I dunno, 15 minutes ago?

You know all the options out there. So I would strongly suggest taking pen and paper and writing down the pros and cons for all options, even the ones that you find "insane". Be open minded. None of the options are easy. I believe you have to pick what you can live with. Good luck.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• LOL btw I had 3 kids by the time I was 24.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I had my 3rd child when I was 22... He's almost 4 now. My oldest is almost 10. You'll manage.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2011