Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

itchy down there? adult content

My DD is 4 yrs old and is constantly itching down there. i have taken her to the Dr. several times and they say to give her a bath with baking soda, to wipe for her and teach her the proper way to wipe. i even use vagisil itching cream and although that seems to help it burns her when she is irritated. i feel so bad for my DD. she is constantly getting yeast infections and i don't know what else to do to help her get rid of em. has anyone else gone through this? please help! i feel horrible that i cant take the itch or burn away from my lil girl.


Asked by Christieluv0614 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Kids' Health

Level 17 (3,524 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • sarchasmicangel

    Answer by sarchasmicangel at 1:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • Oh wow.. I'd try a different doctor.

    Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • Oh no! That has to be horrible!! :o( I know eating yogurt can help with the good antibodies. Try getting her to eat some yogurt. Try to get the regular yogurt, not the kids ones because those contain so much sugar. Maybe that will help!! Or maybe find another doctor and get a second opinion. Maybe it's something she's eating that's not reacting with correctly.

    Good Luck!!
    ~Alyssa M.

    Answer by alyssamal at 12:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • What has the doctor said about her getting them all the time?

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • when my dd had one they perscribed something called Nystat and it worked for her

    Answer by rebeccadac at 12:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • i had the same problem as a child and as an adult try yogurt it antibodies for the yeast and nyastatin cream really seemed to help and didnt burn and try to keep her from itching i know its hard but it just makes it worse also after her baths make sure she is completly dry down there any moisture can make yeast grow faster

    Answer by lillymom828 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • My daughter had this problem. Buy athletes foot cream to kill the fungus. We used tolifolinate cream. It's about $3 a tube. The doctor wrote a prescription for it, but you can just go out and buy it at walmart.. the problem is you arent' killing the fungus.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • btw that's for an external yeast infection, not internal.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • You need an prescription antifungal, a probiotic daily and a new ped.

    Answer by new_mom808 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2011