Had to put the dog down... days after getting him a ton of new meds!

does anyone know if we can return them and get a refund? they were kinda expensive and not used!

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 12:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pets

• call and ask

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• you would have to ask the vet, but i doubt it
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Where they purchased online? If so you may be out of lick. If you purchased them from your vet you should have pretty good luck returning them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• *luck!
    But_Mommie

• Tee hee But_MOmmie, that was funny.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 12:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Probably not.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Maybe if you bought them from the vet and they are unopened, if you bought them online then you are stuck. Maybe you can cragslist them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss but maybe you can at least donate them to an animal shelter.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Vets will not take back meds whether they are used or not (at least that has been my personal experience). Our ex-vet once sold my husband antibiotics for my bulldog for $130. I was furious when I saw that since the last time the antibiotics he was prescribed cost me $40 so I went to the vets office with the unopened pills that were sealed in plastic and they refused to take them back and said we shouldn't have accepted them in the first place. Grrrrr!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• In the pharmacy it is against federal law to take back meds, opened or not. On occasion a pharmacist will do it out of courtesy, usually a death, if meds were just purchased. The vet may do the same.. Just an FYi, many of the meds vets prescribe can be purchased at a regular pharmacy for far better prices.The antibiotic my cat had to take for a year was $25 every 2 weeks at the vet. I got it for $4.30 at my pharmacy. I have been a pharmacy tech for 25 years and we filled many rx for pets. Sorry for yor loss
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2011