feeling down.

I am a mom of 2 and I am only 21. Sometimes I don't feel as pretty as I should I guess. I feel like I don't want to do anything. I don't do my hair and make-up like I used to and I never wanna go out and do anything. I feel like I have gained so much weight since I had my son who is 2. I didn't gain any while I was pregnant but now I have gained so much weight. I don't know how to get the energy to loose the weight and stick to it. Any other feel like this and what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like your depressed.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• honey, i'm 40 and still feel like that sometimes...you have to understand you are worth so much. to those babies, to the people who love you..life doesn't stop because of a couple of pounds and mommyhood...
    dian3101

Answer by dian3101 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Believe it or not, they've proven that moderate exercise makes you feel better- not just look better. I would think you'd be chasing around 2 lo's & getting some exercise. If you cant incorporate it into their schedule then put it into yours. Try getting yourself showered, dressed & do your hair & makeup. To look good is to feel good. If you dont snap out of your funk pretty soon, you may want to talk to a counselor about being depressed. Good luck. *Hugs*
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I agree, sounds like you are depressed! I'm sorry :o( I know how you feel though. My son is now 3 and I was depressed after I had him. I didn't want to talk to anyone, etc... My doctor suggested that I work out some. You may have to push through it but eventually, you will start feeling better about yourself. Do you stay home with your son instead of work? You may need some interaction with adults. I am a work at home mom and I can tell you, I would be one depressed mess if I didn't have the ladies that I work with. They are awesome support :o) (if you are interested in that, visit my site at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com )

Maybe try and put on some makeup and get dressed like you are going somewhere and that alone with make you feel better for the day :o) I know that always works for me when I am feeling down! ;o)

Good Luck and hang in there!!
    ~Alyssa M.
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 1:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• im with you honey. im 29 and feel that way. i also have 2 kids. 5 and 6 weeks. i could care less if i leave my house, i don't put makeup on when i do actually leave. i could care less if i showered...i do when i go out. but that only maybe once a week. i only shower if the hubby wants sex....lol.....i asked my dr for "happy pills" but he told me i was irritated......well, thanks, i am now! but anyways. i try to find projects around my house to keep me busy. today i am rearranging the living room! lol. tomarrow i miay even shovel my driveway! i have 4 wheel drive so i have to, but it will get me outside, and some exercise. anyways, ask your dr for a pick me up pill, lol. i loved mine when i was on them before i was prego.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think your depressed. It can heppen very easy aand its nothing to be embarressed about. It can be very easy to become overwhemed espesially in stressful situatuions and your in a very a very stressful situation.Two kids under two is alot of work for anyone. Depending on the age of your youngest it can be hormone related, the depression. Try to talk to your md about it or try to go to a counceler to talk. Your md would be a good start though they can evaluate you to see if you need to start meds. Please try if he offers they can do wonders. You wont be able to exercise or do anything else untill you first take care of the depression. Send me a message if you need to talk I have gone through depression/anxiety as well as being an RN so I domhave experience. Good Luck!!!

21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2011