Chicken and Rice-

Ok, So that is whats for dinner. there are sooooooo many ways to prepare it and I think every country has a take on this dish. I have boneless -skinless breasts (Boring) and regular rice- I can't make up my mind on which flavor to go with. Last night we Had Spagehhie with Lamb, and eggplant in tomato sauce with a greek salad and cheese bread with fresh basil.
I am open for suggestions. The one I end up going with gets best answer!!!

chefjen

Asked by chefjen at 1:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I always favor Arroz con polo http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/Carols-Arroz-Con-Pollo/Detail.aspx  add a few banana peppers and capers to the rice. hot damn babe-you got dinner!

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I bumped you - I'm looking at thawed chicken breasts and brown rice for dinner too. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I don't know, sounds like you are a very creative and probably gourmet) cook, so I just think I want to go to your house for dinner.

After your dinner last night, I probably would go with a a creamy basil sauce, some steamed veggies and blueberry muffins.
    Although I love to saute the chicken breasts with red bell peppers, onions and garlic, de-glaze with some white wine, and simmer with a little chicken broth then serve over the rice, which I might cook with a little cilantro and lime.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• how about chicken and good ole vigo yellow rice? it's a favorite in this house. we mix sweet peas into it and i usually serve crescent rolls. yum yum!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I have turmeric and can make my own yellow rice and I have some homemade Pico de Gallo sauce in the freezer that I had made too much of this summer. Since the kids have Spanish 2 I told the we were have Arroz con Pollo for dinner. :)
    chefjen

Comment by chefjen (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Do you have any type of sausage? Chicken and sausage with mushrooms and pasta is awesome!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• grilled chicken with Mrs Dash extra spicy on it then smother it with any kind of cheese you want and then make rice pilaf.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 1:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• still thinking about it- now I am leaning towards Piccatta with pilaf.
    chefjen

Comment by chefjen (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My family loves jalopeno chicken

boil or bake chicken breasts.
    prepare rice.
    In bowl mix one container sour cream with one can cream of chicken soup.
    Grate one block pepperjack cheese in the mix.
    Add tiny can of green chiles (optional)
    Add rice and chicken to cheese mixture.
    Pour into casserole dish and bake.

You can also season the chicken with taco seasoning beforehand and grill it and just serve it along side the cheesy rice.
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i like to fry chicken with onions and garlic and while boiling rice I add a little oil. I add a can or two of black beans, can of diced tomatoes, add Old Bay to taste. It is simple and you can add what you like and mix it in a bowl.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2011