We were talking about overpopulation yesterday what do you think of this?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/06/60minutes/main4579229.shtml

I know it's a link but I think we as Americans need to care how OUR WASTE gets disposed of. Right now it is considered the most toxic place on earth and if you don't think it's going to get bigger or if you think it's over there it's not going to affect you, you are seriously mistaken or not? How do the lean green mean Mom's feel about this? What can we do to help?

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 3:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think President Obama needs to meet with these world leaders.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 4:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I already posted this in a journal yesterday. I think it's up to each of us to be responsible with our own waste and know where our recycling goes.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Watch the film on Shipbreakers, this is truly heartbreaking and apalling. What can we do? Are our hands tied are these third world countries our slave laborers?
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 4:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Maybe we should send the Big 3 union guys over there to manage and pay these guys well if we really believe in the American way.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 4:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Why don't we keep it all local and not involve other countries? Women's shelters need cell phones and computers. So do schools. Keep it local. Don't upgrade your cell phone every time there is a new glitter one. What does this have to do with overpopulation anyway?
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I PERSONALLY WOULD DO SOMETHING TO THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY WHO DID SEND THE STAFF TO CHINA.
    People need to stop thinking about money only and take responsipility of their actions.
    Anonymous

• http://recyclemycellphone.org/ Recycle responsibly. Here is just one example of a reputable place to recycle cellphones and the like. It was 43 companies who were investigated. Does it mean we shouldn't recycle? NO. Does it mean it's a wake up call to check out where our recycling goes? YES.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• To KnoxvilleDoula, it doesn't have anything to do with overpopulation, yesterday somone posted how Americans shouldn't have so many kids because of overpopulation and I said there was worse problems like this that they should be concerned about rather than worrying about a family and how big it was and how many natural resources it depletes, when we are literally ravaging our shores and killing off little countries with our waste.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 4:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Wake up call is good I think it should be made unlawful to send ships and our waste overseas and what am I saying it is already against the law, I think our world leaders need to meet and set up a legitimate way for our waste to be recyled over there so the foreign countries can still make money and be safe doing it.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 4:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Waste totally has to do with overpopulation, the more ppl the more waste duh.
    I am a green mama, we recycle everything we can. Buy local, turn off lights, use blankets, I walk instead of driving. We donate things when we no longer need them.
    I just want my children to have a beautiful planet like I do.
    I think it is important. and get annoyed when ppl still say its all a myth
    Anonymous