Weight Problems...

I have always been very petite... At 5'4" I'm only 98 pounds. I have tried for years to gain weight... After both my children were born I had hoped I would keep on the baby weight, but I've lost it. I've tried the Ensure drinks, appetite pills, and eating lots of potatoes, meats, and other things... I do eat healthy, and I also eat sweets. I've never counted calories or anything like that... I'm always hearing people complain about how heavy they are, and I would just like some of them to know that not every skinny woman is happy with herself. I would do anything to be slightly fluffy (my word, instead of chunky), Does anyone know what could help me gain weight?

momma_marian

Asked by momma_marian at 1:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Health

• You could try creatine shakes try chocolate and vanilla

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Awww, I have never thought of it that way! I am "slightly fluffy" (which is much better wording then chunky!) ;o) and I wish I could lose some. I am currently trying :o) I'm not obese or anything but I am not happy with myself either.

I would love to connect and maybe work through this together!! :o)

Good Luck hun and keep your head up! :o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 1:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• When your thyroid is overactive, you stay thin no matter what.I was that way till I turned 35.And then I gained some.And keep gaining by the way.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I wish they could take some of my fluff and give it to you! lol...I would go to a GNC type store and talk to them, they have all kinds of good stuff for weight loss and gain. Good luck!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 1:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Until I was well into my 30s I never paid attention to what I ate and never gained weight. I'm still not overweight, but I'm more in the "average" range (I wear a size 2-4 pants depending on the cut). As long as you are healthy, I wouldn't worry a whole lot about your weight. Don't eat junk food in an effort to gain weight, but enjoy that you can indulge when you have a craving!

Answer by missanc at 1:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Go see a dietician. They study specifically re: how to help people with nutrionional problems you could try portein powder, my mom gets it from Walmart and it helps with alot of health concerns. I used because I could not gain when I was pregnant. I would mix in with milk, yougurt, and friut for a great start to the day. Eat 6 meals during day have a sandwich as a snck like peanut butter. This maybe your make up but I do know these things help ensure will too butits expensive. Good mluck let us know how you do/1
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011