How do I get my 2 year old not to be so attached to me ?

to add additional information I'm a sahm of 3 other children .. My daughter Caitlyn is the one who don't let me do anything things with out being attached to my leg. I especially have a hard time with I try to leave the house

lovinmy4babys

Asked by lovinmy4babys at 1:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Depends... can you get nothing done with out him whining or crying or is it that they follow you around the whole day? Are you a SAHM or do you work outside the home? when does it bother you the most?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• They are supposed to be attached! :) But my 2 year old used to always want me in the room with him. I would get him interested in a toy, and then I would talk to him as I walked out of the room and then come right back, I got further and further away but would still make sure I was within hearing distance. The more he saw that I left but came right back, the more comfortable he got with it.

Answer by missanc at 1:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• They pass this phase quickly so enjoy it while you can. My daughter (my first daughter) was always like this, I enjoyed every minute of it, now at 32, she still seeks me out everyday to vent or tell me about her day, not a day or event goes by that she does not run by me first, of course she does not always follow my suggestions and ends up doing what she thinks it is best, but I love it!

Answer by older at 1:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Thank you lady's I really do enjoy she is wanting to be so close to me but I have 3 more kids at home one is only 3 months old..
    lovinmy4babys

Comment by lovinmy4babys (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2011