Etiquette question

I sold my girlfriend who just had a baby, my breas tpump that I used only like 8 times.. she paid half of what I paid then 1 week later stopped breastfeeding cause it wasn't working and is on formula.. Am I supposed to offer to give her the money back since it was only a week or leave as is where she bought it, now its hers? I am not really sure what to do ... I feel bad but at the same time.. its hers now to deal with lol! it was a $250 Medela one so I know she wont have a problem selling it and its only 2 years old.. she hasn't mentioned anything, I guess its just me feeling a bit bad that she only used it for a week..

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I don't think you're required to offer, if you can afford to and you'd like to make the offer, I think it would be a generous gesture, but I don't think good etiquette would require you to do so.

Sounds to me like you are a very considerate, and caring person, just the kind of person I'd like to know! Have a great day!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It's not your fault she stopped breastfeeding. Had she bought one full price at the store she wouldn't be able to return it. I think you are ok.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• If she hasn't mentioned anything, then I wouldn't say anything either. It's not like you charged her full price. The only way I'd maybe say anything is if you intend on possibly having more children.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Leave it - she bought it, it's hers

Answer by missanc at 1:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• If she doesnt say anything, I wouldnt mention it. However, if she does I would not give her the money back, she bought it and youre not acceping returns. Ive bought baby related stuff from moms I know that I didnt use at all and I would not ask for my money back.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Nope, you have no reason to buy it back or give her the money back. If she was unsure she could have rented one. When you buy something like that you can't really return it, you know? I think you have no obligation whatsoever to give her the money back.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• She bought it it's hers now, she hasn't complained or said anything about it I wouldn't worry about it.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• She bought it, she decided to stop breas feeding. Keep the money.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• You have no obligation.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Don't worry about it...
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2011