What are the chances...

My husband and I have been looking for a new home in a new city -- we are from a very small country town but my husband got a GREAT job in a city about 2 hours away... so we have been looking for a house up there .

We looked at alot of houses and I was getting so upset because none of the houses felt right, but we felt the pressure to find a house so we can get settled in before he goes to his job full time ( right now he commutes there a few days and then does dome of it at our home office ) ...Besides that I have also been upset because I am use to seeing my parents, my grandma and my best friend almost everyday ( we all live within a few streets of each other ) .... and now we had to go somewhere where I knew NO ONE !...

So we got into our car to make the long trip back "home" both of us frustrated of seeing alot of expensive houses that just didnt feel right...

Then we got lost, and our car that has ALWAYS been in good condition ( and barely a year old ) started acting up - almost like it was going to run out of gas....... and the car basically broke down right in front of a beautiful house - THAT WAS FOR SALE ....

Our realtor never showed us because it was alot less than our budget ( so she wouldnt have made as much money lol..) .... It is a gorgeous brand new home that was made to look old fashioned ( like the houses where we are from ), but since the house looked old fashioned and there was so many more modern looking houses around, it had sat on the market, and had a big price drop ( it usually would have been way out of our budget)

Long story short... WE BOUGHT IT !!!

But isnt that sucha weird thing that our car did that right in front of that house --- we have never had a problem with it before or after that day ! It must have been meant to be !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That's really cool! Congrats

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• WOW!!! Things happen for a reason, I always say
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Great stories to tell your kids and their kids!!!! I have always said that some things are just meant to be, enjoy and congratulations!!!!!!

Answer by older at 1:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• That is a really neat story!! Enjoy your new home!!
    LoveMyKids0203

Answer by LoveMyKids0203 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Thank you ! It really is so wonderful ... there is absolutely nothing about the house that I do not LOVE ..... and I think having a house that I love will make it easier being away from everyone...

Not to mention I was so worried about moving there right before my daughter ( oldest) starts kindergarten.... but the elem. school is right down the street, I can walk her to school everyday and I can even sit on the front porch and watch her on the playground !!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Wow that is how you make a good thing out of a bad situation. I would love to see pictures of your new house. Are you having fun decorating it?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It was fate. Good for you.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011