What the hell goes through some parents heads?

I am a sitter and this 11 month old baby was brought to me with a onsie on nothing else then i was told she needed a bath so i figured there were extra clothes in the bag nope none at all is it ok for a child to be sent to a sitter like this? in opnion hell no its not would i be wrong for bring ing this up to them or should i let it slide?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• A onsie... in the middle of winter? That would be more worrisome to me.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No, do not let it slide, make sure he has a change of clothes next time.

Answer by older at 1:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• A sitter should not bathe a child unless they get dirty while under their care. I would not let it slide.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• when i took my son to the sitter she woudlnt even let me leave without him unless he had an extra set of clothes and diapers, so maybe you should make a rule like that
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would ask them to keep extra clothes for their baby in case their is an accident.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would at least mention that if she needs a bath she needs to be brang with extra cloths. I would mention it, but gently.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Tell them they need to pack her extra clothes. Easy as that.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• no way.. esp if they said the baby needed a bath.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 1:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• If this is the first time it's happened from the parents of that baby, don't be too hard on them, but don't let it slide. Just mention that the baby had no extra clothing and it would be a good idea for them to pack at least one change of clothes next time, in case of a diaper leak or something like that. If I was the sitter and they did it again after I asked them to pack a change of clothes, I would refuse to sit for them again until they DID start packing a change for the baby.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Definitely mention something. I mean, it could have slipped their mind (maybe they took the clothes out for something and forgot to put them in, or whatever), but they still need to be made aware. I hope you at least had something for the baby to wear for the day, because it's way too cold for just a onesie.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011