Elmo birthday cake

has anyone made a elmo birthday cake for their LO birthday. my dd is turning two in march and she loves loves loves elmo. so all i want to do is make a elmo cake for her special day.

oh yeah how did your cake turn out?

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 1:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Easy elmo cake - make a two layer round cake and frost with red icing. Add two large (as big as you can get them) marshmallows for the eyes and use a small amount of white frosting to attach a plain (or pretzel) m&m for the pupil of each eye. For the nose, tint some melted white chocolate orange and dip a Nilla wafer type cookie in it. For the smile, use black string licorice to outline the mouth and fill in with black frosting.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• As an alternative, just thought I'd mention that for my daughter's 2nd birthday, my mom made a couple of dozen Elmo cupcakes for the party. They were absolutely adorable! She just made chocolate cupcakes, used red icing, then white and black icing for the face stuff. They were just too cute!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• my lil sis had one for her first bday cake and needless to say red dye/ frosting can be a pain to clean so be ready lol
    haymama

Answer by haymama at 2:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yep, for his second b-day. I bought a Wilton cake pan. It was really cute.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2011