Possible breast cancer question

I went in for my yearly women check. haha(dont really know what to call it) I went to Planned parenthood because I dont have insurance and well its free. The nurse did a breast exam for me and found Lumps it took her about 20mins on each breast because of all the lumps. She told me about it and asked if breast cancer runs in my family. Well being adopted I dont know. She said since im only 24 (almsot 25) It probally isnt, but the test to see if it is, is really expensive or she would have sent me for one. SHOULD I be freaking out? I mean everywhere I turn younger and younger women are getting breast cancer What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Health

• Can you get medical assistance? Even though you're young, you should still have a mammogram.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My friend had many fibroids (I'm pretty sure that is the term) in her breasts. It was nothing to worry about. But you should have a mammogram. There are resources out there for free ones. Call your local board of health, your local hospitals, and woman's health centers in your area for information. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Do your breasts get sore every month? Probably fibrocystic lumps. Totally benign. But get a mammogram to be safe.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Lumpy breasts are usually not cancerous. You could have fibroids or justlots of fatty tissue lumps. A mammogram would be a good idea, but you likely have nothing to worry about
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• The best you can do is to get a mammogram and the BRAC test to confrim if there is a chance of breast cancer. There should be and assistantce program somewhere.www.TheBreastCancerSite.com here is a site that I deal with. Maybe they can give you some help or advice. Good luck.

deesam

Answer by deesam at 4:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• As above many people just havt cystic breasts but check around with your local cancer association or hospitals there are usually discounted or free mammograms in your case no women should have to go with out a mammogram because she has no insurance so please check around!!!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011