Dating

What age do you think is appropriate for dating?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• My grandma always says "dating behavior is mating behavior, if they are to young to mate, they are too young to date" lol I guess I would say 16 to go out on a date
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• In my house: group dates at 14, one on one dates at 16 and never anywhere where they are completely alone.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 2:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• When they are ready to be married and to be parents. Dating is for the selection of a lifetime mate. Until children have the maturity to select one, they should not be dating. For most, I think that means at least a high school graduate. It's okay for them to have friends of the opposite sex, and our children entertained in our home their friends of both sexes. That plan has worked very well for our family and we had very few problems as a result of it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• In their teens, and placing certain rules according to their age.

Answer by older at 2:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• 47.
    Anonymous

• It will depend upon the maturity of my kids when they reach the teenage years, and who they want to go with, and where they want to go. My parents let me date at 14, but he was 16 and our families had known each other all our lives so it wasn't a big deal - and our families knew we were both Christians and had made a purity commitment.

Answer by missanc at 2:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Not until they're 16. And even then, never where they will 100% alone.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2011