im brecoming a first time mother and is it okay to feel just okay about having a baby

itagirlfeb11

Asked by itagirlfeb11 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Why wouldn't it be? Any thing you feel is fine it is just what your going through right now. What if I said it wasn't okay? HOw would that be helpful?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Do you feel like you should be more excited? Is that what you are asking? For me it took until I really saw my first child to be totally excited. I had always wanted to be a mom but when we got pregnant it was almost too real to be totally ecstatic, if that makes sense. When I actually saw my little boy, there was too much emotion and excitement to even try to explain. Then with babies #2 and #3 I was definitely more into the pregnancy and anxious for the baby to come.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 2:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Sure, it is. There's a bit of unreality to it all in the beginning.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I'm 21 weeks pregnant with my first and I feel the way you do. Every time I go to the doctor they're like "Aren't you excited?" It's hard telling them I'm just ok with it. I think it's normal, though. And I feel the way I do for a lot of personal reasons. I'm sure you do, too. I think when we get closer to meeting our little mini mes we will be more excited.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2011