Friends???

So i moved to Oregon about 5 months ago from Colorado and i still have yet to make any friends. I joined CM to make some friends and even though i have met some wonderful ladies i haven't made any friends here in Oregon that i can hang out with. i guess I'm just lookin for some suggestions on how and where i can go to meet people by myself? has anyone else gone through this? i feel like a total loner. i have never had this problem before. doesn't feel too good.

sad

Christieluv0614

Asked by Christieluv0614 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree with joining some groups that you are interested-cooking, book club etc. whatever you like doing then you will meet people with the same interests you have. You could also volunteer at different places, your church or the school.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I have met most of my friends at church. I started by visiting small group ladies' Bible studies and I have met some very good friends that way.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I've made a lot of major moves. Some places have been more difficult for me than others. Right now I am in Tennessee. Been here for 3 years and I still don't have anyone I'm close to.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Well how have you made friends in the past. Get a hobby, go to the local gym, take a class, join a book group,take a cooking class, hang out at the ball pit in McDonalds with your kid.... Simply do things that interest you and I bet you meet people like you!
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i think mmmegan38 has the best ideas. i have been in my new house about 3 yrs now and have just one feel like i have a friend and i met her at church.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• well i always say go to mommy groups around where you live & make like play dates with there kids & yours
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2011