what did you do for your child's First Birthday?

and i dont mean the party (unless you had the party the same day) but the actual Birthday?

tomorrow is my youngest's 1st Birthday. as excited/proud as i am, i'm not doing anything, and i mean anything, for her tomorrow. we will be going to the doctor for her 1 year checkup and for my 2 year old's 2 year checkup (dd2 just turned 2 in December). the actual party is on Sunday, i've ordered a cake and setup the plans for the party, but other than that i have nothing planned for tomorrow. i realize she won't know the difference, but i feel kinda bad!

did you do anything special for your LO the day they turned the big 1?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didnt do anything on the actual day either.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We had some of his favorite foods for supper - french fries, lima beans and corn with some chicken and then we had cupcakes for dessert. After supper, his siblings blew up some balloons and just tossed them around the living room. Just the family, but it was fun!

Answer by missanc at 2:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We didn't do anything the actual day either because it fell on a weekday.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• on his 1st b-day: we rented the "party room" which is actually like the basement of a local family restaurant and everyone ate a meal and then we did cake, smash cake, and gifts. we had probably 600+ square feet so it was lovely... my son was able to crawl around and play and we didn't have to worry about being too loud or annoying customers.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• on their first birthday had their cake and opened presents. just a normal birthday.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i went to get her pictures taken and then we went out to dinner, just my mom, my dd and me. it was nice girls night out.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• we did a john deere themed party on thanksgiving
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I did a small birthday party
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yep with all 5 we did. We had a birthday dinner and cake and allowed family members to bring their presents to the dinner so we didnt have to field visitors.

Answer by gemgem at 5:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• For my DD I ordered a nice cake and had some other little ones over and some big kids bought a little baby pool and a huge pool for the little ones and big kids respectively ( we lived in fl). Had a couple of nick jr cds, played music, swam, ate, ate cake and it was fun! She enjoyed it! And we have lots of pictures to remind her.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2011