Staggering or delaying immunizations....

I think the immunization schedule is insane for a little baby. I have heard of staggering immunizations so they don't give so many at a time. Anyone have any suggestions of what immunizations I should get now (2 months well baby check up) and which ones I should wait on?

Please don't bash me... I don't need to hear how wrong I am for not planning on giving my child all her vaccines!

SarahJoy13

Asked by SarahJoy13 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just saw something on CafeMom about this, I'll look around to see if I can find it.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• we're doing a modified version of the dr sears plan.
    here's some more info on that:
    http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook/labels/Alternative%20Vaccine%20Schedule.asp
    and for the schedule:
    http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=298412
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It is a good idea to stagger if you are going to do it. I know in Ga you can choose religious exemption, however, if there are some that you don't want to do at all and some that you do, you are screwed. It's all or nothing. Check your state laws and make sure it all works for your plan as a parent.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 4:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• By the way, I would never bash anyone on this subject, pro or con....All I ask is that people make an informed decision and not a decision based out of fear. Good for you for doing your homework.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 4:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You won't get bashing from me. My son was born 5 weeks early and his doctors kept telling me to just do the original vaccine schedule. I don't think so!! After I fought with them for several months he got his first "set" when he was 5 months instead of 2 months of age and if I don't feel like he's ready I didn't hesitate to tell them no. He gets his shots every 6 months now and is perfectly fine and he's not behind. Don't let your ped bully you into it. If you want to wait go for it.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 5:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Oops I ment to say he got his shots every 2 months not 6 months.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 5:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I also do a modification of Dr Sears schedule. It's part delay/part selective (reduced). I would HIGHLY recommend getting Dr Sears book...titled The Vaccine Book. I ordered it from Amazon.com, was about $10 and got here within a week. I refused all vaccines until I read it all, then DH compromised on what we do. There are different schedules, a massive amount of info, and every kind of statistic you'll want or need. I took mine to my dr with me for the first visit. Good luck!!
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 7:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• you should also be able to get dr sears vaccine book from your local library.
    if they don't have it on hand you can request that they order it or you can interlibrary loan it.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 9:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I loved DR. Sears book! It was so hard to find a straight answer about vaccines...this book has been a life saver! Now all I need to do is find a pediatrician close to me who will be ok with the schedule.
    greydensmommy

Answer by greydensmommy at 1:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I just wanted to tell you that we are going to do a motified schedule...not sure what yet...its hard to get a straight answer and mydaughters appt is tomorrow...still not sure what im going to do
    LuvingMy3Girls

Answer by LuvingMy3Girls at 1:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2009