What's your all time favorite comeback? (Edited)

Do you find that some of the simplest comebacks are sometimes the most affective?

I visited a recent question where one CM to another "Oh hush up"

I couldn't help but to laugh out loud - for real. I mean, what can the other CM possibly say? That one 3-word sentence just seems to be the final nail in that conversation - anything after that would just have to be defensive and argumentative and rather pale by comparison.

Like one time I apparently had been a little too cute for a little too long for a friend of mine - and she looked at me and said "Stop it before I have to push you down"..... after I stopped laughing so hard I cried - I realized that I had been wrangled and strangled and put in my place! She won right then - and I quit being 'cute'.

Do you find that sometimes, the fewer and more simple the words the more affective the statement? What's the best comeback you've personally encountered??

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 2:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I wish more people had your attitude around these parts.
    Anonymous

• Well said!! 

clapping

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Ya it happens like that sometimes and it is just so funny to me.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No words at all. My mom can just LOOK at someone and they will shut up and back down.

Of course, this is a women who squared off against 10 Crips by barking at them like a poodle.... so there's no guarantee of her sanity.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• LMAO yep - that would be one of MY favorites too if it happened in my life! PRICELESS!
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2011