How can I go swimming everyday without getting my hair wet and damaging it... (my hair is relaxed)

I like swimming, and it's a really good way to exercise but I cant keep getting my hair wet with pool water... I have chemically relaxed hair and it will break off if i don't wash and condition it everyday, which I do, but then i run out of products quickly. I wore a shower cap today and that didn't work... and I wore a swim cap one time and that didn't work... :(

Luvmyfam7

Asked by Luvmyfam7 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• swim caps
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• sorry didnt see that you wrote swim caps didnt work.. hmmm well.. I guess dont dunk your head under, do a funky doggy paddle. Or I wonder if saran wrap around your hair then the swim cap?? Sorry I dont swim much
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Thanks... maybe a shower cap and swim cap??? O_o IDK
    Luvmyfam7

Comment by Luvmyfam7 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Swim Cap. A shower camp would come off easily. A swim cap is meant to fit to the head, so that it doesn't come off while swimming.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Maybe your swim cap isn't fitting right? IDK The chlorine inthe water will strip a lot of the oil out of your hair so don' t wash it every day, just condition when you shower after your swim.
    surfngirl

Answer by surfngirl at 11:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2011