Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

tax question...

To be able to claim a disabled adult does that adult have to be on SSI, medicaid Social security or anything? I am disabled but SSi has denied me I was on SSI my whole life since 4 or 5 but they cut it out at age 13 saying my mother made to much money. I still can't work and hold any job never had a job either. Was wondering if you had to have SSI to file a disabled adult under someones tax papers

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • I know this really isn't much help, but you could try calling a local tax place (like an H&R Block) and asking someone there about it to find out for sure. I've had to call and ask about things before and they've always been really nice and helpful. I hope you get it figured out!

    Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • Try checking the government tax web site.

    Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

  • Call the IRS

    Answer by rkoloms at 4:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.