Ever put off buying an essential item?

Only to find out they are sold out? Uggghh. My daughter moved to Pittsburgh and is freezing her tocus off. I found this nice coat at Eddie Bauer and it was on dale for $129.. I waited and now they are on back order until Feb. Yikes. So I called one of their stores in Colorado and said I am looking for a down parka in size small... The only one they had in the store was $180.. So it is even a better parka (originally $250) and the only one that is water proof. Sing YIPPIA...
It will be here on Friday and my daughter comes home for a dr. appt. then too.
I hate that I keep waiting, but I guess it is better to get her a warmer coat.
Do you wait around and then miss the boat?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Shopping

• That happened with a car seat I wanted. It was orig. $270 and on sale for $140. I procrastinated and they sold out, so I ended up buying another one for $200. Well, all that came back to bite me in the ass, I invested in a car seat she can use untill shes out of one, and a month later my car got stolen with the car seat.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I used to. Now I will go out and pay full price to make sure we all have what we need. Around here for some reason they stop stocking winter things around Jan-feb which to me is really dumb since it is still cold outside. If I dont buy winter stuff when they come out then we miss out. Same for spring and summer stuff.

Answer by gemgem at 2:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Oh yeah, all the time. I put off buying shoes, underwear, socks, other clothing items, etc. and usually end up getting screwed in the end unless my mom decides to buy me something because she thinks it's cute or whatever. Like this year, she got me a pair of boots and a coat for my birthday and Christmas, but the coat hardly does me any good because it's just thick enough to keep me from freezing, but too thin to keep me warm without long sleeves on and I only own 3 long sleeved shirts (2 of those are made out of really thing material that you have to wear a tank under). I have to buy some winter clothing when it goes on sale in a few weeks lol. I'm sick of freezing half to death in the snow.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Happens to my husband all the time!
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 11:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• for 31yrs i did not own a coat or winter boots the kids always came first
    then the bill's
    rent
    then food
    i was always last on list
    i think before i buy it
    but i still come last
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• sometimes yes and i hate it
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Well I've learned to say to myself, to keep myself from being mad at myself, "It wasn't meant to be." Then me, myself, and I go on to the next store or sale and get what I need or want.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2011