Trying to conceive so soon after...... adult content

Although we are not actively trying to get pregnant right away, we aren't using anything to prevent a pregnancy either. With the recent loss of my pregnancy which was a natural miscarriage without complications, I didn't think that you could actually begin to ovulate until after your body resumes one normal cycle following the m/c. Am I right in thinking this? There is so much out there on the internet and some women have stories where they were pregnant again within weeks of miscarrying. I know every women is different but how can this be?
Any of you had this experience personally after a miscarrage?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 2:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• my friend had a miscarriage and then got pregnant right away after and now has a healthy baby, but if it happened to me i would personally wait 1 cycle to make sure my body was ready
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think i am feeling that I should wait for one cycle ( I did last time). I am just a wee bit anxious to get started again as it has been said that you can be quite fertile following a miscarriage and would like to increase our chances if at all possible.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Most of the research shows that your HCG needs to be below 5 in order for your body to ovulate again.

I've also read several articles that said that your body is smart and it KNOWS what it can and cannot handle so if your body can't handle another pregnancy then it will not begin ovulating again. You will still have the follicular phase that will build up the uterine lining like in the normal cycle.

Also my HCP said that the main reason doctor's say to wait one cycle after a first trimester natural and complete miscarriage is because it's better for dating purposes.

I've also read that you are extremely fertile after a miscarriage (once you begin ovulating again). It seems they don't completely understand why but there is some research that suggests it might be because the entire uterine lining is shed and all the tissues are new and fresh in a different way than after a period.

We're planning to TTC again ASAP.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Thank you, Miasmommy! I have seen you posting answers on to some of my questions in the past and I thank you for your response. We can walk through this TTC journey together and hope that we can both have healthy pregnancies and babies to enjoy one day!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Me too miraclewaits! Me too! It's so nice to have other people on this site to go through this journey with!!

hugs

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• your body can ovulate just 2 weeks after your completed a miscarriage. It's up to you do decide when you are ready.

Good Luck
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My personal experience.. I conceived again four months after my miscarriage. I do have a friend who conceived right after her miscarriage. She did not even have one normal cycle it happened so fast. But that baby went full term. So it is possible, but probably not ideal.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2011