How does one find time in the day to pray?

jlassiter29

Asked by jlassiter29 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• You just do. It only takes as much time as you want it to, and then there's the "always have a prayer in your heart" theory too. Sometimes I pray in a simple thought. Sometimes I kneel beside my bed and pour out my heart.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think you make time for the things that are important. Praying is just talking to God - I pray all the time! In the car, while I'm nursing, during my kids naps, when I wake up, etc. The Bible says to "pray without ceasing" so that's what I try to do. I carry on a conversation with God throughout the day, but I take time to spend alone quietly with Him at night after my kids go to bed and before I go to bed.

Answer by missanc at 2:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I say little prayers when I'm in the car, washing my hands, eating, getting ready for bed, getting ready for school, etc.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think you just have to make time..sometimes when I am sitting on the coach watching my kids play, I might say a pray thanking God for all the good things I have in my life. I guess for me I don't feel like i have to say a prayer at the same time everyday I just say them when I feel the need or think of something.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Iink it can be talking to God in your head.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Me personally.

I perform my pujas in the mornings mainly. However as far as just "praying", I do that anytime any where. Praying is pretty much "talking to" the Creator.. I need no special time or place to do that. The Creator is within me, is all around me, and is present (because the Creator pretty much is the universe itself ) every aspect of the universe. So conveying my thoughts, my doubts, my questions, my thanks can be done anywhere at anytime. It just takes me giving that little "shout out".. lol.... Even my Om's & mantras can be said mentally or quietly to myself and they have the same affect/impact as they do when I have a full on puja.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• before i go to bed and other times throughout the day (for short prayers)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• By seeing every moment as an opportunity to feel peace. Don't wait for long blocks of time...don't schedule your quiet time with God. Now is the very best time. It's the only time. No matter what you are doing, you can declare that nothing can take your opportunity to feel peaceful and to hear all that God is telling you to meet your need this very moment! If God is omni-present, then you can never be in a place where God is not and where you can't reach out. My favorite prayer is to "Be still; and know that I am God." (Psalm 46). I have to quiet my mortal thinking and make room for all God is telling me to flood through. I can do it anywhere and it always brings peace and eventually my questions are answered too :)
    Fabie1

Answer by Fabie1 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It is important enough to me that I make the time. If that means I am up a little earlier than usual then so be it. I prefer to start my day with prayer. I also pray before I go to bed.
    Anonymous

• I just chat with God anytime like chatting with a friend. I don't think there needs to be a set time. If you feel the urge, just talk to God.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2011