If you eat something very spicy while pregnant....

Will the baby taste the spiciness?

Mamma2E

Asked by Mamma2E at 2:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ummm ...... no lol
    Anonymous

• I luv spicy food, so when I was pregnant I asked my dr this. She said that the baby will taste everything u taste. If would refrain from eating alot of spicy food though, for me it made me sick alot. That was me though, it might be different for u.
    mamaziller

Answer by mamaziller at 2:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My first was very active when I ate spicy foods. With my 2nd I would get sick. They say it helps prepare kids to have different tastes when they start eating solids.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 2:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• What goes into your body goes into your baby. The flavor, the nutrients, everything. There are studies that show that if you eat one particular thing repeatedly throughout your pregnancy that the child is more likely to enjoy it when they start eating solid foods. It's not a definate study, but it has been shown to be true.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I had heartburn every time i ate something spicy.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I'm not sure about the the baby tasting things. It makes sense if it could, I ate alot of chips and salsa when I was pregnant with my son, and he loves chips and salsa. You could get could get some wicked heartburn though if you eat something too spicy.
    Joelygirl

Answer by Joelygirl at 5:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2011