Its not the price of the ring that matters...

I understand that when your boyfriend proposes it is magical no matter what. This subject came up between me and my SO, He stated they guys tend to "show off" when they buy a ring for their women. I said it shouldnt matter, so for case winning purposes. How much did your SO spend on your engagement ring?

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• $600

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• $8500, but it really wouldn't have mattered to me how much he spent - I didn't think he was going to spend that much!

Answer by missanc at 2:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• He bought my engagement ring and wedding band as a set, and it was about $1,000.

I do agree that it shouldn't matter! It's a symbol of something much more, after all.
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 2:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We spent $300.00 on a 3 ring set that included our wedding bands plus my engagement ring :) We love our rings and after 8 years have no plans to replace them :)
    Joelygirl

Answer by Joelygirl at 3:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No clue. I didn't ask because I really didn't care. It was sparkly and given to me.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I picked it out so I know the price,$700!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Around a $100 I think. I found the receipt one day while cleaning out his wallet for him. He forgot he left it in there. LOL!

I think too many women demand these ugly expensive rings and guys (the poor schmucks) have fallen into the trap of the ring having to cost more than a freaking car or it isn't good enough. It is being given out of love! It's not about the price!!

Sorry ... mini rant over.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• my husband got me a promise ring before he got me a real engagement ring. i told it was fine to use the promise ring as an engagement ring but he kept saying that i deserve a real ring (hey why argue right?). the promise ring was like... $300 and the engagement ring that he ended up getting me was $700.. sigh.. why are guys so hard headed? lol
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 3:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• About 1,000 after the lifetime warranty and everything. I love it.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We were never engaged...we eloped. So no engagement ring. We spent $80 on our bands. I wouldn't of had it any other way.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2011