Single moms ...When was the last time you heard somebody say to your kids: "You know what? Let's give mommy a break. I'll brush your teeth and get you to bed tonight." ?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• im with stephgood1, i can even ask my husband to brush my sons teeth and hes like 'i dont know how!'

men are so helpless :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• well I am not a single mom, and I cannot remember the last time I heard that!
    stephgood1

Answer by stephgood1 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• so with stephgood1 and pookipoo I get them to bed EVERY NIGht..I do all the homeworks with them...I never get a break! Mommy is the only one that appears to do these things in my house!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My friend is a single mom and she has more chance of hearing that than I do, and I'm married.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 6:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Good question....
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• not just the single moms who never hear this....like the other pps, i never get asked that unless dh is in "trouble" and is trying to make it up to me
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I am married and I haven't heard that. My husband works 12-14 hrs and a day, he doesn't help me. FTR, I am not complaining. Before I got married and I had my son I didn't expect help and I didn't ask for it. He was/is mine and he was/is my responsibility along with his 4 brother and sisters.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• While I am not single, I have to say in my 14 yrs of being a mom I have never heard that at my house either. It would be NICE to hear sometimes though
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My fiance' does that prob half the days that he doesn't work (he works 4 days a week, 12 hour shifts). He loves my dd just like his own
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2011