Who makes most of the decisions in your house you or your SO??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 3:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• OMG ME!!! Not that I really care to have it that way, but he can never make up his damn mind so I have to do it!! Sometimes we talk about it and I offer a suggestion. About 3 weeks later he comes to me with this "awesome idea" he has and know what??? It was the idea I tossed out there!!! LOL I could paint the house purple on the outside, yellow on the inside and buy green shag carpet for throughout and he would not even complain. I don't like it though. I want to decide together! The times I have tried this, whatever it was never got done, fixed, replaced, or what it needed. So I stopped bothering with most things. Now when I ask, he just looks at me and I say "ok we are buying this microwave then"
    stephgood1

Answer by stephgood1 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Logistically, it's me - what to have for dinner, when to work on the kids' homework, who needs to see which doctor when, etc. Our family works best if I'm the one managing those details, so unless a major decision is needed, I just take care of it. There are aspects of the household that he takes, too, but I've got a greater percentage of house-hold duties, so that's why I say I make "most".

For major decisions, we work them out together.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 3:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We are a team and make decisions as a team. If we are at an impass on something we will assign a number value on how important the issue is to us. If he is at a 10 on the issue and I am at a 5 I will compromise on the issue since it is more important to him he does the same for me. We respect each other and it isn't about someone being in control or winning I would not want to be in that kind of marriage.
    Anonymous

• We make them together. We have a partnership. He knew going into it that I didn't buy into that bullsh*t of the man having the final word and that we both had to agree.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We both make the decisions because when we decided to share life together, we knew that opinions did matter in our marriage. Therefore, whenever a decisions has to be made, we make them together...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My husband does. We buy into the "bullsh*t" of the man having the final word in our house.

If it works for us, SpiritedWitch, that's what matters. We don't push our lifestyle or beliefs on other people.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 3:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I do. He works alot and sometimes doesnt want to be bothered with the day to day stuff and thats fine with me. Now on some things he will pipe up and say he agrees or doesnt with things. For instance our dds clothes. She does cheer and some of the outfits he doesnt agree with. Some shirts with sayings she gets he doesnt like. Vacation spots he might say nah lets go here instead and we talk. But every day operations, thats all me.

Answer by gemgem at 3:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Holly, if it works for you, great! I don't believe in it and would not put up with it. We are either partners or we aren't together. That's how it works for us.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I do my husband is just so clueless i dont trust him to make any decisions.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We make the decisions together. Sometimes one of us might be clueless of what to do, so we talk it out or I'll let him do the thinking on the matter.
    mamaziller

Answer by mamaziller at 3:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011