How many are on Welfare on here??Can you justify it??Do you really need it?

Do you play the system?Do you tell the truth when you are filling out forms for aid??

grismelda

Asked by grismelda at 3:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• This question sounds like trouble to me. If someone is on welfare and faking needing it, i doubt they would admit it to yo u. And if somenoe is on welfare who really needs it, your questions might offend them because of the way it's worded.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 3:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I am on Food stamps.
    Anonymous

• I am not on welfare but I did apply. my husband lost his job, then my hours were cut back. I applied for medical and food stamps. I was turned down bc we had a savings account and a car. I dont understand the system. I know a few ppl that are on full welfare benefits and have income they dont claim. at times it is very frustrating. I work 3 jobs and my husband just found a job. None of our jobs have benefits but my children do get low cost CHIP>which is a life safer, I believe all children should be covered.
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 3:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• life-saver^
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 3:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Not meant to be .Just trying to get a little honesty back.In no way did i post this to offend,just to get a number of how many?I used to work in this field.the players know who they are and are proud of it.I just want to know why is there no one checking all out to see if they really need it.But no body does that work.They are afraid of being sued now.I'm upset because taking advantage of these programs really does knock someone else out that desperately needs these services.
    grismelda

Comment by grismelda (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I am on medicaid and WIC.

My health insurance doesn't cover maternity. If I had my health insurance cover maternity it would cost me $575/ month. I make $24,000 per year. Yes, I need state aid. Yes, I fill out my forms as truthfully as I can because I genuinely need the help. I have worked since I was 15. I have paid my taxes. I am entitled to the help when I need it. And quite frankly I get VERY offended when people question me about it.

I am a proud person. I don't WANT to be on welfare. I am a good person that has been dealt a really crappy hand for the last 3 years between being laid off, my hours cut, the cost of living in Chicago- one of the most expensive cities in the US.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• JOR HAIL this is what i am talking about.Proud of you for posting.I was 16 pregnant and had nobody,yes medicaid paid for my first born.I paid for the other two.and it was a blessing at the time.But since working in the field and seeing all the WRONG in it.I get my buttons pushed.Thank you for posting.Not trying to make enemies here,looking for honesty in 2011.I have a friend whose mother cannot get any assistance because her ss check is 75 cents over the amount she can draw,this woman chooses which of her medications to fill each month,blood pressure or heart????This is the system as it is today.I feel that Obama needs to overhaul these programs b4 he starts his health care policies.
    grismelda

Comment by grismelda (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• The ones that play the system are infact proud of it, but you won't hear them boasting on here. They would get too much of a beat down.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Never used welfare always worked for what I needed and the things I wanted. I didn't have kids with multiple men and made sure to get to know the man I did married. We live a great life because we made good choices. Make sure to vote me down.
    Anonymous

• Everybody needs help now and then,i am NOT posting this to offend,and sorry if i have.I am no finger pointer Lord knows .How else can you get help for the right people if we cannot ask questions??
    grismelda

Comment by grismelda (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2011