How do you say thank you?

So my next door neighbors are kind of creepy. They don't like us (the house we are renting was sold out from under an older man they were VERY close with while he was in a nursing home dying - his son thought he wouldn't make it but when he did he found that his home was already sold... we had no idea upon moving in) and they kind of watch our house all the time. They come over and tell us that we have a light on all the time, it's nice but also kind of strange. We tried being friendly when we first move in but the woman has been very standoffish so we basically keep to ourselves now. At any rate there was a big snow and I had to leave the house this morning before I could shovel... I get home and it appears someone has plowed my driveway. I'm pretty sure it was them because they are the only other driveway around that has been taken care of and the same tire tracks are over there. I don't know what to do (as silly as that seems) what's social protocol here? I feel like I should thank them because it was a nice gesture but honestly I a little bit feel like my personal space has been invaded too. Maybe it was my landlord? That doesn't seem likely. I don't know. Should I bake some cookies and bring them over there? What would you do?

ashleyaction

Asked by ashleyaction at 3:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Yes tell them thank you. They are used to him living there, and are just taking care of their neighbors. Maybe they're the type who would like to be more neighborly and that's the only way they know how...That's awesome that they did your snow for you! my neighbors own their house, and are standoffish at times, but for the most part they are good neighbors...it's better to be nice to your neighbors and thank them, build up a trust...that's the best way to live...knowing the people you live next to
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would bake the cookies and take them over there and say thanks. And then move on
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I have a neighbor like that who plows our snow too. It is nice and I thank him when I see him but that is not too often,I work alot!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I'd tell them ....straight up. You do your thing, I'll do my own.
    Anonymous

• I would just knock on the door and ask them if they did it. If they did say thank you!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011