Went to Dr. Now I am really freaking out!

I went in for my first appt. today and we orginally thought that I was almost 7 weeks pregnant but they done an ultrasound and the embryo measured 5 weeks 4 days and there was no heartbeat but she said that we wouldn't be able to see one right now anyway. She is bring ing me back in next week for a ultraound to see a heartbeat. I had been spotting brown this week too. My last period was November 26 so how can I only be 5 weeks 4 days? Now I am wondering if the baby just hasn't formed like it should have! Anybody else had this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• maybe you ovulated later than you thought you should have... i have 5 week cycles so i ovulate 3 weeks after my period instead of 2 weeks
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• You are not "technically" pregnant until 2 weeks after your period starts (by doctors standards) so you would be only 5 weeks along at this time. Also, doctors don't like to schedule dr appointmens until the 8th week for this reason. The heart doesn't start beating until the 5th week (if I remember correctly) and more mom's freak out (as you are) if they see them too early. Wait until your next appointment and try to relax. I'm sure you'll hear the heartbeat then.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• You would be @ 7 weeks from your last cycle but normal ovulation doesn't occur until 2 weeks after your 1st day of last period so you would be @ 5 weeks.

Brown spotting indicates old blood. Unless it starts turning red and increasing how much, I wouldn't worry.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i had the same problem i had my 1st ultrasound at 5 weeks & 4 days & there was only a sake then i went back at 7 weeks & 5 days & there was my babys heart beating away (: try not to stress i know its hard but just try sweetie (:
    avahsmommie

Answer by avahsmommie at 3:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Ultra sounds can be off by up to 2 weeks either side of the ultra sound.

I wouldn't worry just yet
    Anonymous