When do you start to potty train? How do you get started?

perdonare13

Asked by perdonare13 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Potty training can start any time from 18mos to 2 yrs old depending the child. If you think your child seems interested buy a child potty so they can sit on something their size. Take her/him in about every 10 min to start and then 15 and work your way up to being trained. You need to watch for signs that he has to go, and if a boy I sent mine in w/Daddy to watch now & then. It takes time and a lot of PATIENCE and PRAISE. Be sure to give a lot of praise and that will work wonders for potty training. Good Luck!!
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I waited until my kids turned 3. Then I spent 3 days at home. I took away the diapers and put them in underwear. I took them every hour or so. They were trained by day 3.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2011