this is flirting..really? opinions please

i was in class today and we went to the computer lab to work on our presentations and i sat next to a male classmate. at the beginning of class the instructor was going through the college site so everyone would know what was going on. while she was doing that the guy next to me was in microsoft starting his outline. then it came to to work on the outline and the instructor asked if anyone knew how to use the new mircosoft 2010 and i said yes, so the instructor said to make myself available in case someone needed help. about that time the guy next to me asked how i got to microspft word and at first i told him its in the start menu...he acted confused and said maybe you should come over here and show me..so i showed him and i ended up leaning into him a bit to get to the document. i told a friend that it was weird that he asked me to help him when he was already in there, the friend said he was flirting and wanted an excuse to get close to me. if that's the case that's a weird way of flirting. fyi the guy in my class is 32 and im 29 and im recently divorced. i been out of the flirting scene almost 12 years..i guess im clueless.
ur thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't see how that's a weird way of flirting. He was making that as an excuse to get your attention and talk to you. It is no different then him walking up to you and talking to you about books, movies, or anything else. No different then him asking for you to be his study partner, etc. I think that maybe next time you're in class you should acknowledge him (if you're interested) and just befriend him. If he doesn't respond back then no harm done, but if he does then he's definately interested.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• LOL sounds like flirting to me :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• He could be scared of the computer and even though he was in Word, he could have been confused.

Unless it happens again, I would just think that he wanted help.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• That's totally flirting...lol
    mamaziller

Answer by mamaziller at 3:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It sounds like flirting but maybe the guy was the clueless one. I would be cautious about it. Try chatting him up for a while. If he seems interested I say go for it. If you come on too strong now u might end up looking like an idiot. good luck.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 3:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It's flirting!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• maybe he is into you girl! I'm not sure if i would consider that flirting though. did he keep talking to you after that?

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Of course he was flirting...I don't think it's a weird way, pretty normal....and I've been out of the dating world for about 23 years.

If you're attracted to him and he seems nice flirt back...although, from what you said, he may think you have already!!!LOL
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• He's doing the whole "playing dumb" flirting. Guys absolutely love it when they have to be shown something on the computer, either the girl presses into him, or leans closer, sometimes has to bend down a little showing a better view if you know what I mean. If you're interested, flirt a little back and see what happens, you never know!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It shows you still got it! Iam 38 with two daughters and two granddaughters and i get flirted on
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2011