Did u ever ask one of ur parents if there was another name they were going to give u?

My mother had two named she was going to do. The first was Heather Dawn, then her friend who had a baby before her took the name. The second was Cassandra, then she had a patient named Sandra that she didn't even want part of the name to be. So ended up with Cassie....lol... It's really funny how things work out.

mamaziller

Asked by mamaziller at 3:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Baby Names

• I know that I was supposed to be named Francesca - girl version of my dad's name. Well, he hated that 'cause he hates his name so last minute in the hospital he is doing the birth certificate details and can't think of a name so puts MY MOM's name as my name. GRR...I hate my name! And I hate being named after someone. I'm all about unique and believe me, the problems it causes is not worth the respect it gives the namesake!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• They didn't have another girl name. But they thought I would be a boy until I was 8-month-old in my mummy's tummy. I think I heard the name and I changed my sex:P They wanted to call me Szilárd (means solid in English).. Mhaw:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 4:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Sasha....*Shutter*
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Lacey
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My mom and dad flipped a coin. He won. Had my mother won, I would be Sarah, and it would not suit me at all.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 3:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I like they one they settled on - the alternative is not a good one.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Brandy....Thank goodness they changed their minds!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I was supposed to be named Christina because the day I was born is the day of St Christina, but my mom preferred Veronica :)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My mom was gonna name me rachel but she never told me what middle name she had to go with it so she just named me sarah katherine =)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Monique, but I think the name they ended up picking suits me better....Tari (pronounced Terri)
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011