trying to potty train 2 1/2 yo DD

She will go pee in the potty but will not go poo. She will poo in her diaper and then take it off w/o us knowing but wont wear big girl undies. What can I do? Shes just sooo stubborn.
I also have a 3 yo SD that is fully potty trained so I was hoping DD would jump on the wagon... No such luck.
Any tips?

MrsDuff

Asked by MrsDuff at 4:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe next time she poops and drops it on the ground, pick it up and tell her that poop goes in the potty, bring her in the bathroom, put the poop in the toilet and have her flush it herself. My 19 month old will pee in the potty but not poop. But now she tells us right AFTER she poops... She says "flush poop". And is pretty excited to flush it herself. Maybe try that?
    Good luck mama!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Keep reminding her that poop goes in the potty and let her pick out some big girl underwear in the store.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• The more you push, the more she is likely to resist. This is one area where she gets to make all the decisions and she knows it. You can try to come up with some kind of reward system for her. Every kid is different. My DD wanted to take swimming lessons and we told her she had to be in big girl pants first. That worked like a charm. My cousin gave her daughter a hershey's kiss everytime she went in the potty. Find what works for your daughter.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i have a 2.5 year old daughter and a 16 month old son. my daughter wants nothing to do with the potty. not even to pee. so i know im not helping but i thought that it might at least make you feel better. youre ahead of me!

DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Thank you, though I havent been pushing. I just ask and if she wants to then she does. But the taking off the poopy diapers is going to be the last straw. Theres only so many days you can go having to pick up poo like you would with a dog... It gets old. LOL
    MrsDuff

Comment by MrsDuff (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• And it doesnt help that Im busy with a 10 week old too. So I havent been trying as hard as I can with her ya know... Just needing ideas...
    MrsDuff

Comment by MrsDuff (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• my son is 3 and a half and he goes in spurts where he does really well and then something happens and he regresses all the way back. I'm ready to rip my hair out!! Im afraid he'll never get pottytrained!!! and he won't poop in the toilet at all but in his diaper or underweare and then come and tell me after!!!
    tinkerbell28898

Answer by tinkerbell28898 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011