Went to Dr. and am really confused now?!?!

I tested positive on Christmas Eve which was almost 3 weeks ago. The Dr. told me today that i am 5 weeks 5 days. SO wouldn't that mean that I got pregnant 3 weeks ago? Since you are adding the 2 weeks in for your last period. So wouldn't Christmas Eve have way too early to test positive? My last period was Nov. 25th if that helps! I am worried something isn't right! The ultrasound showed a sac abd you could see a dot which she said was the baby!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Ultrasounds are WAY more accurate than going off your last period.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Go by what the Doctor tells you, they know how to predict the due dates. Congratulations!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Don't worry too much about it. Additional tests will pinpoint the age of the fetus. Just concentrate on the fact that you are, indeed, pregnant! Congratulations!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• congrats, and remember the further along you get the more accurate the ultrasound....stress isnt good for the baby so be happy!
    tigortweet

Answer by tigortweet at 4:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think you got preg on Dec 3rd~ish. That was 5 weeks and 5 days ago. You had your period nov 25, then ovulated around dec 3 rd and got preg. You were 3 weeks preg when you tested positive. I think its fine!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Use this to help you Pregnancy Due Date Calulator

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No that wouldn't have been to early at all.

My LMP was 11/12/10, I ovulated on the 30th day of my cycles (really late for some reason) so they used 11/28/10 for my LMP to make it correct for the due date and I was 14 DPO at Christmas day so that means you would have been able to get a BFP before me.

I didn't end up getting a BFP until 20 DPO but that's only because my HCG was low. I miscarried but I would have been 7 weeks on Saturday.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I did want to add that you may have just ovulated later than you thought or the ultra sound could be off. Ultra sounds are not 100% accurate and can be off by a couple of weeks.

Typically they are more accurate the earlier you are but still not 100%
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Op here- Sorry for your loss miasmommy. Thanks for answering my question.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2011