are there any health benefits for eating 1 clove of garlic a day?

I have heard it is super good for you to do so. I just tried and YOOOOOWZA! My mouth burned lol but once passed it is like a garlic party in my mouth

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 4:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Health

• No, except for maybe keep away the vampires ...
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 4:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yes!  Garlic is SOOOOO good for you, check it out:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Health_Concerns/eating_raw_garlic.htm

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Wow, I have no idea why that link above starts with Jesus is savior...yikes... if that scares you off, here's more garlic info.  It is VERY good for you. 

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/garlic-benefit.shtml

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Oh yes there is! Nice of people to add the links. My grandfather lived to be 86 and always had garlic and a little wine every day and always told us those are the two things to live long! He still had a healthy set of his own teeth at 86 and a strong body. It was Alzheimer's that got a hold of him though, sadly.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• YES!!!!!!!! research has shown it can significantly boost your immune sytstem it is one of the top ten foods to eat to boost your immune system
    lillymom828

Answer by lillymom828 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Garlic is very beneficial for you. It is a natural antiviral/antibiotic/anti-inflammatory. It also fights intestinal yeast overgrowth. However, there is no need to eat it all at once. Mince it and add it to your meals. You can also take garlic oil supplements.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:50 AM on Jan. 13, 2011