Non-choc. dessert for thanksgiving??

SO I have the old stand by chocolate pie that I have to have for my dad. But I also want something else, I had this thing one time with strawberries and ladyfingers and some poeple put liqour in it I want to find this recipe or one like it any sugestions?

JustUsTwo

Asked by JustUsTwo at 4:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Food & Drink

• It sounds like a different take on tiramisu *spelling?*
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 4:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Probably a trifle
    Take a look at these recipes and see if one of them seems right...
    http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=trifle&SearchIn=All
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Sorry I can not help, never made it- if you can't find the recipe, maybe you can make some sort of pudding parfaits with like fresh berries...lol...num num
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Buy the soft lady fingers, frozen sweetened strawberries, 8 ounces of mascarpone and some heavy whipping cream. Thaw and puree the frozen strawberries, adding a teaspoon or so of lemon juice to brighten the flavor. In your mixer, whip the mascarpone with some vanilla and a bit of sugar and some orange liqueur, probably 2-3 tbsp. When it's soft and creamy, remove to another bowl and use the mixer to whip the heavy cream to soft peaks. Fold the mascarpone into the whipping cream. Dip the lady fingers into the strawberry puree and lay into the bottom of a glass dish, either a casserole or a trifle dish. Add a layer of the mascarpone, then repeat until you've used it all, ending with the mascarpone cream. Chill, then top with shaved white chocolate and whipped cream.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Just don't make itt like Rachel on Friends!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2008