do your parents like your SO?

what do your parents thinks of your man? my parents don't really like my SO and I don't know what to do about it. Everytime they know him and I are arguing they want me to leave him and I love him and we have two children together. Every relationship has their ups and downs. I don't know why they don't like him. I have an idea why but don't know exactly why. My family lives off of welfare and they know that I will not do that since I am able to work and my SO is a hard worker as well. My mom tells me all the time just get over him. Today my dad calls me and asks me why I put " in a relationship" on facebook. and asks what are you fighting again. I don't get it. What do you do in this type of situation?

mommyof2_1989

Asked by mommyof2_1989 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• My mom loves my SO. Everyone does in my family. My motto is, keep your relationship drama in your relationship or in counsel, when you tell your family every nitty gritty detail they now can have a negative opinion.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• The first time my mom met my DH she said in her cute little spanish accent "He is not %25 man, he is not %50 man, he is not %75 man..HE IS %100 MAN!"

She also said "he reminds me of that song (then she starts singing) "country rooooad. take me hoooome, to a plaaace, i beloooong" It was hilarious!

Yes, she loves my DH very much!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would tell them that you love who you are with and they should be supportive of you. If they want you to leave him maybe you should ask them but in a non confrontational way. If you tell them that you have chosen this path for yourself and they should be positive not negative.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Well, my boyfriend is new to my family as we've only been together 7 months. My family likes him enough at this point, but it's still a learning stage. My family didn't really like my ex-husband though.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My parents love my DH and have stated many times he is their favorite son in law. It pisses off my sisters but oh well lol
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 4:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My mom Loves DH... often calls him her favorite son in law...okay my sis has YET to get married but it iis a joke between mom and DH! My mom lives 4 hrs away and maybe that has something to do with it but when we go there or she comes here he does let us get mom and daugghter time in,she ses what agreat DH and dad he is and ho happy he makes us helping her out whenever she needs it helps too. She makes an effort not to interfere with our relationship unless we ask and is also a great nana! there is a ton of love and respect between them and he will call her by himself if something is going on and se needs him or we need her. Do your parents see how happy your DH makes you? What a good dad he is? dont lt the interfer with stuff that they should not (ie your finances or fights) GL to you
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• unless ur man is hurting/harming u or ur children there is no reason ur family get involved just dont tell them when u come into conflict. if u need to vent get a journal or talk to someone that will understand yes u love him and ur gonna argue every now and then but that doesnt mean ur gonna leave.
    MommaSammie

Answer by MommaSammie at 4:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• They adore him.
    Anonymous

• My parents like my SO,when we were dating they told me alot of times that I had better not let go of him and not do anything to make him break up with me.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 4:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My parents love my husband. Maybe your parents don't like him because you guys fight. Do you go to them and run him down when your mad at him? If so why would they like him?
    Anonymous