Does your Dr. measure your Baby Bump?

Every inch/centimeter means something on your baby bump, right? Every Centimeter is technically how far along you are... 
Did they do this to you, was it accurate?
BTW, my DR. claimed I was 32 centimeters on Monday, but today I decided to measure myself and I am 38.1 centimeters!  (And, that is how far along I think I am, 38.1 weeks)

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 4:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Doctors generally measure fundal height starting at 20 weeks, and they usually claim it's supposed to correspond to gestational age. It can be off, though, and it doesn't really mean anything. I measured 2-3 cm "behind" until 34 weeks or so, at which point it changed to 2-3 cm "ahead" (in one visit, because my baby changed position). I had my baby on her due date, so meant nothing either way. :)

And something else to consider is that different people can measure differently, either slightly or drastically. It's most accurate as a way to keep track of whether you're growing appropriately instead of taking each measurement as a single data point, and best if it's the same person doing the measuring every time.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yeah, I know, everyone, every baby, every pregnancy is different, :/SIGH!  LOL :)

I just wish they were all the same!  It would make life soo less complicated!

Thanks for your response!

smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2011