Start as a single mom and marry when the child is older? Or be married when you have a baby but divorce when the child is older?

In other words...would you rather be a single mom to a baby or a teenager?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in

• i have been a single mom since day 1..my daughter is almost 7yrs old. i have loved being a mom, yaa it been tough at times, but..i like making all the decisions, not having to ask permission for stuff..but with that being said, i want to get married, SOOO BAD!! but i havent even been on one single date in 7 yrs!! :(
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I am a single mom to my 3 year old and I don't think it would be such a bad thing to be a single mom when he's older. I think starting out being a single mom would be easier so to speak because it's more likely the child won't grow up missing their other parent of they weren't around them all of their life anyway. I have 9 uncles and a whole lot of cousins and my cousins have kids too so my kid has never felt alone. Plus my brother and father do father/son type things with him too and so do I. My baby daddy can't throw a football for shit.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 6:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I don't like the idea of divorce but I wouldn't want to wait for the child to be a teen to marry. I have to say neither.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I'm with Kewi! I was married before I had a child, and divorce is simply not going to happen. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Been a single mom to a teenager and to a baby. Neither was easy.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Start as a single mom definititly!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 11:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I have been both. Neither is easy!! I have/am enjoying being married and having had a baby with hubby, it's so much different when there's another parent involved helping raise your child.
    Hickette71

Answer by Hickette71 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I'm with Kewi too
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I was married when I had my children but am now divorced. Not much I can do about that or I wouldn't have my children.

Now days, I'm not sure if it really matters.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• teenager, you can send them to their dad's when they're being butts.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

Next question in
WYR Work or stay at home?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
can you eat tuna while pregnet